Tecplot 360 is CFD & Numerical Simulation Visualization Software.
It combines vital engineering plotting with advanced data visualization in one tool.
With one tool you can:
- Analyze and explore complex datasets
- Arrange multiple XY, 2- and 3-D plots
- Create animations
- Communicate your results with brilliant, high-quality output.
Unlike our competition, Tecplot 360's full
range of XY, 2-D, and 3-D capabilities, multi-frame
workspace, and high-quality output gives you
total control to get all the types of plots
you want for effective analysis, presentation,
Tecplot 360 is Designed for Speed
It's faster: Load on Demand and Parallel Processing
Smarter loading of data results in faster time to first image and ability to open files that
were previously not possible. Load on demand loads just the data you are actively using.
For example, a Temperature contour plot only loads X, Y, Z and Temperature. When you
switch to a new variable to contour (i.e., Pressure), Tecplot loads Pressure and unloads
Temperature if needed (assuming it is not being used for anything else). With previous
versions, all data needed to be loaded into available memory.
Dual processor Linux and Windows boxes are becoming a standard for desktop engineering workstations.
Prior to Tecplot 360, Tecplot was single-threaded and not able to exploit a systems maximum resources since
all computations were performed by a single CPU. With Tecplot 360 intensive computing operations are spread
across all available CPU's leading to faster streamtraces, slices, and iso-surfaces.
Here are some performance test numbers on a 32-bit Windows XP desktop. When working with
transient data, throughput increases ranged from 105% (PLOT3D) to 280% (FLUENT). On
steady-state examples, throughput increased 71%. In addition, Tecplot 360 can load solutions
that Tecplot 10 simply could not load. For example, the 28-million element Space Shuttle case
we showed at the AIAA
Aerospace Sciences meeting earlier this year took 4.6 seconds to load with Tecplot 360. See below.
Support for time-dependent solutions
Tecplot 360 loads unsteady data and displays only the first time step.
Style changes applied to a given time step are propagated to the entire solution.
Coupled with load on demand, time to first image is much faster. Previous versions
loaded and displayed all time steps which impacted performance.
One-click animation controls
Creating animations can be a tedious task. Reducing
the number of mouse-clicks to make animations saves
time. With the "DVD" like controls on the sidebar you
can quickly step through your solution.
- Animate iso-surfaces with new DVD control options like forward, backward, loop, bounce and throttle control.
- Animate slices with new DVD control options like forward, backward, loop, bounce and throttle control.
- Animate over time
One click exploration tools
The important 3D features (slices, stream lines, iso-surfaces) and animation controls are on
the sidebar. Double-clicking on any of the 3-D feature icons acts as a shortcut to that tool's details menu.
New Plotting Tools
- Multiple iso-surface groups - assign and control
up to 4 iso-surfaces
- Multiple slice groups - assign and control up
to 4 sets of cut planes
- Multiple color maps - assign and use up to 4 different
- Stream trace seeding plane - quickly seed streamtraces
with the new seeding tool
- Surface streamtraces on a no-slip wall - generate
streamtraces on a zero-velocity wall
- Edge plots - detect and draw creases based on
- Opt-in value blanking - selectively value blank per zone
CFD Analysis Tools
CFD Analyzer has been rolled into Tecplot 360 and is no longer a seperate product. Save time
finding, extracting and processing the critical information in results with the CFD analysis options.
Analyze tools help users examine grid quality, perform spatial integrations, generate particle
trajectories, extract flow features, and estimate numerical errors.
Structural analysis visualization tools
- Calculate grid quantities such as aspect ratios, skewness, orthogonality, and stretch factors.
- Calculate pressure coefficient, vorticity magnitude, and other flow field functions.
- Detect and extract shock surfaces, vortex cores, as well as seperation and reattachment lines.
- Integrate mass and momentum flow rates to verify convergence.
- Integrate particle paths in time and space. Particles may be massless, or you can give them mass and size and let drag, gravity, and buoyancy influence their trajectories.
- Estimate the order of accuracy of your numerical solutions with Richardson extrapolation analysis.
Perform basic structural analysis post processing in
Tecplot 360 with the expanded data loaders and plot
options. In addition, load structural analysis and CFD
solutions together same time for fluid structure interaction
(FSI) visualization, enabling you to see the material
deformation and fluid flow changes in one plot.
This provides a cost effective and easy-to-use visualization tool to explore and
generated from the major structural analysis code vendors.
- Animate displacements
- Derive Von Mises Stress/Strain, Principal Stresses/Strains, Vector Magnitude
- Plot the geometry with deformations applied, and optionally exaggerated
New/Enhanced Data Loaders
- PLOT3D - read boundary and name files
- CGNS - read and apply PartID information. (We will soon add import w/o interpolation), time aware
- EnSight - Load EnSight 6 and EnSight Gold files
- ANSYS input (CDWRITE) file
- ANSYS .rst, .rth and .rfl results files
- ESI/PAM-CRASH DAISY files
- FIDAP Neutral file
- ABAQUS input file
- ABAQUS .fil data file
- ABAQUS .odb output data base (Windows)
- LSTC/DYNA input file
- LSTC/DYNA Taurus state databases
- MSC/NASTRAN bulk data input file
- MSC/NASTRAN OUTPUT2 output file
- MSC/Patran neutral files
- PTC/Mechanical design study
- SDRC/IDEAS universal file
- 3D Systems/STL ASCII text and binary file